Monday, July 19, 2010

Worst Day of My Life...

No, I am not being over-dramatic. I honestly think this could be one of the worst things that could ever happen to me, absolutely heartbreaking; Simon Gagne has been traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Ugh. I know this may sound ridiculous to most people thinking "he's just an athlete get over it", but he's so much more than just and athlete.

Drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in '98, Gagne is the player with the longest history playing for any Philadelphia sports team. Not to mention saving the flyers from defeat multiple times in this years playoffs. Also, Simon Gagne scored the game winning goal in legendary game 7 against the Boston Bruins after being down 3-0 in the beginning of the series. Only two other NHL teams have ever pulled of such a feat.

I have been a loving fan of his since I was nine and will continue to be. Gags you'll be missed :[



1 comment:

  1. Haha. I was expecting something super terrible when I saw the title of your post like a death in your family. It makes me happy that it's nothing too serious ;)

    ReplyDelete