Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I've Reached a New Low...In a Good Way!

148.6!

It took me a week to get back down to my weight before Pittsburgh [149.8] but today I surpassed it! This is the lowest I've weighed since I've started college, I feel absolutely fantastic. Especially since I've been busting my butt ever since I've returned; My daily [well 5-6 days of the week] routine is yoga in the morning followed immediately by the gym and 30 minutes of cardio. It feels really good to be working out this much and I get to treat myself to things that I was previously afraid to consume when I wasn't working out nearly as much. Yesterday I had a chocolate elvis from planet smoothie [frozen probiotic yogurt, banana, chocolate, and peanut butter!].

While this is a great achievement, I can't slack off now. My goal is to stay between 125-130, so I still have some pounds to shed, especially before vacation. The photo below is a picture of my sister and I on vacation in 2008, I weighed 128 pounds then and felt amazing. I know that I won't have that kind of bikini body this year but hopefully next year [that's my second goal]. Either way, I like to look at this picture for motivation and relief when I'm feeling frustrated, it reminds me that I can get to goal because I did it before. Do you girls have anything that helps motivate you in moments of weakness?

Melanie [left] & I in Atlantis :]

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I had a time in my life where I was actually thin. I have no idea what it's like, what I'll look like, etc. But I'm excited to find out!

    Congrats on reaching a low weight and I'm sure you'll keep chippin' away at it before your vacation! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm at the point right now where I'm trying to get back down to my usual weight. It's slowly going down, but I'm pretty by the end of the week I will be back down and "hopefully" feeling great! But man, that's some intense workouts. great job!

    Only thing that seems to motivate me is realizing that if I continue on eating and whatnot, that I can gain weight and be as heavy as I use to be.. Also, old photos definitely keeps me focused! :)

    ReplyDelete