Monday, June 28, 2010

Let's Talk About Sex, Baby

Today marks the 3rd month of my new relationship. While this number may seem insignificant to most, to me it is basically a milestone. In order to understand why there’s about 5 years of information you need to know.

I am a “sex addict”. Not a “oh I cheated on my famous wife so I’m gonna pretend I have a sex problem” addict, or a “I love sex so much I’m going to sleep with a million random strangers” addict. More of a serial sex addict; I sleep with the same men frequently for lengthy periods of time. I didn’t practice this kind of sex because I felt bad about myself and needed confirmation that I was attractive from guys. I did it because I craved sex and I felt powerful using guys as objects [a role reversal if you will]. My ability to have sexual relations with men while remaining completely unattached is something unparalleled by most women, and is not necessarily something that I am proud of.

Some of you might be reading this thinking that I am a slut or something along those lines, but in my defense I have never had a one night stand, nor slept with anyone less than 5 times. In fact I spent five years sleeping with the same guy, again not something I am exactly bragging about. But I do feel it holds me to a higher degree of self-respect than most of the girls I know who sleep around. In fact, my boyfriend was one of these guys; I slept with him for over a year before we started dating. Naturally, I shut down any feelings I started to feel for him knowing one of my rules: once a guy sleeps with you he will not date you. Another one of my rules is if he cheats with you, he’ll cheat on you, along with the standard “once a cheater always a cheater”. I’ve only had three boyfriends [all lasted less than 5 months] due to unwillingness to commit. I cheated on all of them.

My boyfriend, Mike, was the exception to my first rule and I want to be the exception to number three. After coming home from school and being treated for depression [months before we started dating] I began discussing some of these issues with my therapist. I realized that I couldn’t continue living that way and maybe I was just doing this because I was afraid to get hurt? This is where the story brightens up, apparently my moving back to Philly from Pittsburgh made Mike realize how he felt about me, needless to say I felt the same way. A few months after my return home I got a love confession and the rest is history.

Michael is the best boyfriend I could ever imagine; romantic without being overly cheesy, hilarious, down to earth. He compliments me constantly and makes me feel like the prettiest girl that ever existed. Did I mention I am 120% comfortable around him? [And yes that means in every aspect you can imagine if you know what I’m saying haha]. Oh and the sex is phenomenal of course! I never thought I would be able to feel this way about someone, but it’s better than I could ever imagine. I love him and I know that if I were to lose him I would never find anyone who would treat me better. So for his sake and my own I have made a complete 180 and my [love] life is on a whole new path :]

[Okay, romantic and overly divulging blog is over. Kinda can’t believe I spilled all of that stuff, I hope you guys don’t think of me any differently.]

Fact of the Day: Today is my three month anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend, Mike. I like to refer to him as my snugglepuss [my favorite out of a long list of nauseatingly hilarious pet names]. So yeah, this is us down below!



3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm pretty sure it's just excess water as well. And, they are Eggo NutriGrain low-fat waffles. 140 calories for two waffles, which is amazingly awesome! lol

    That is exactly why I couldn't sleep with this guy I was seeing all of last year. Although, I kind of ruined the whole thing by sleeping in the same bed, just not having sex. Even that, it ruins everything and the dating thing is down the rain. Unfortunate really..

    I'm so glad you're happy with this new guy.. great to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah Awww! You guys are so cute. And I am so glad that you're making that 180. I really believe your relationship will be much more fulfilling. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say I'm CLOSE to finishing up my summer class. It is a 8-week course and it has been only 4 weeks (well, this week is the 4th week).. sucks that I have another 4 weeks to go after this week! ah.

    But, so glad you bought the waffles!! yay. they are heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete