Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let's Play College

Today marks the first day of my junior year. Wow. Where does the time go?! It feels like I graduated from high school just yesterday. Looking from the perspective of the girl pictured below, I definitely did not expect to be where I am today, I expected to be moving all my shit back to Pitt to start my junior year by drinking it up with all my friends. I also expected to be on the dean's list and getting close to completing classes for my major. I guess that's why they say the future is unknown; so many things have changed in my life and have gone not as expected. Sometimes I feel bitter that I left a real college to come back home, I miss it, I miss college life, I miss campus, I miss the frat, I miss my friends, I miss the parties, I miss sports. I just miss the connection. I know I'll always be "a Pitt panther" at heart but it just gets sad sometimes.

I'm trying to have a positive outlook though. I know everything that has lead me to this point in my life happened for a reason and is ultimately for the better. This semester I'm taking on five classes for a total of 16 credits: anatomy & physiology 1, abnormal psychology, developmental psychology, nutrition for nursing, and literature with a focus on women. It's gonna be a hefty course load but I'm more determined than ever to succeed at the highest level. Not to mention I'm cramming in a lot of courses so that hopefully by next fall I can get into the nursing program at Jefferson.

I rarely see any of you update anymore [sad face]. But if you're still on here I'd love to hear about your college and what you think about the experience you've had so far. Also where did you think you'd be today when you graduated high school?

Class of 2008!

1 comment:

  1. Its' crazy, how fast time flies! I moved back home this semester and really do miss my old campus. the school. friends. parties. just the overall college life. Although, I know for a fact that moving home was the BEST choice for me. So, I hate to regret my decisions when really, I have made the best choice.

    When I graduated high school, I thought that I would be off at school, 3 hours from my family. Oh, and majoring in Dietetics.. I'm now majoring in Marketing. But, like you said, things always change & that is why the future is unknown.

    I'm a sophomore this year. I'm taking English Composition 2, American Government, Business Statistics, Microeconomics, and Cultural Anthropology. I'm just really worried about stats & economics. But, if i work hard, I'm sure I'll be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete